Sunrise Engineering is a regional firm looking for full-time Natural Gas Inspectors for both current and future positions, to provide labor and advanced skill, while observing assigned personnel in the installation and maintenance of the client’s natural gas distribution facilities. Competitive salary and benefits are provided.
- The successful applicant will have 3+ years of experience performing construction observation or experience with pipe joining.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in plastic and/or steel natural gas line installation processes.
- Maintain technical proficiency in construction inspection techniques.
- Comply with Company rules of general conduct and all Company policies and procedures.
- Complete Company forms and records (Hard copy and or electronic equivalent in neat and legible manner).
- Use basic computer skills to input, search, and read electronic forms, manuals, and documents using Company data base.
- Perform all duties in an acceptable and safe manner.
- Clean, operate, and maintain assigned vehicles, equipment, tools and materials.
- Work independently on typical job functions.
- Read and interpret Company maps, construction and fabrication drawings.
- Communicate both orally and written in a professional manner with customers, other departments, outside agencies and Company management.
- Inspect crew’s tools and equipment to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Observe and inspect crews joining plastic pipe and fittings using heat fusion or mechanical methods.
- Conduct a full range of inspection of distribution work done by contracted work force.
- Successfully complete all classroom and hands-on training as required.
- Conduct manual inspections of padding and shading material.
- Perform other duties as assigned.